Monday, August 11, 2014

Day 45 - My Last Day in Bali

I have to admit, I'm a little sad that I'm leaving Bali. Shocker, right? Lol

It's hard to fit in everything you want to see or do, no matter the time you allot yourself. You may get sidetracked by a recommendation of another tourist or local, or just don't account for how much time is spent on transportation and scheduling. I had so many great experiences here, so I hope to return some day to visit the outlying islands, do the volcano trek, and see the northern part of the island.

I spent my final day walking around and soaking it all in: alleys, quiet stretches of beach where locals surfed and placed offering in the sand, and went as far as the large shopping mall in the tourist area to cool off and enjoy a delish pastry.

I've also been trying to readjust the last couple of days after Randy left. I considered heading home. It was nice having that companionship, and you feel lost for a time, when your alone again in a place where you don't understand the language and just a few words of broken English is spoken by locals. Anyone that knows me, knows that I'm a very independent person, but it's still hard at times to go it alone. But, I'll press on to the next part of my journey, because I am soooo looking forward to it!

My hotel is very nice for the price, and close enough to the airport that it should only take me about 15 minutes to get there in the morning. Relaxing and watching a movie is the plan for tonight, as I likely won't have the opportunity for either quite a while.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment