Saturday, August 9, 2014

Day 44 - South Kuta Beach

I checked out early today, primarily because my internet connection was terrible, and my room was too grubby to feel comfortable in. There isn't anything to do/explore in this neighborhood either. I knew my next hotel was going to be nicer and closer to a good beach, so I made the gamble that I'd be able to check in early, which paid off. By noon I was poolside.

Kuta is known for being a vacation mecca, with all the regular tourist gems (said sarcastically) like Hard Rock Cafe, and Bubba Gump Fish Co... Yuck.

I'm staying just south of all that, but close enough that I can walk there in ten minutes, which I'll probably do tomorrow just to say I did. ;)

After a couple hours of sitting on my iPad by the pool trying to figure out the details for my next destination, I realized I was not going to be able to book my ticket online. I ended up just walking to the airport about 20 minutes away, and made arrangements in person. On my way back, I walked down the beach, beachcombed and admired the fishing boats and took some photos for a bit, and then stopped at a quaint restaurant for a late lunch/early dinner.

I had hoped to stay at this hotel one more night, before my flight off Bali, but the price is jumping from the $20 I paid, up to $197. Needless to say, I'll find another cheap hotel nearer to the airport tomorrow!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment