Friday, August 15, 2014

Day 52 - National Park Hike and Turtle Beach

After breakfast this morning, I jumped on a city bus and headed to the northwest corner of Penang Island to hike through the national park.
The forest was similar to that of Sumatra: dense and full of animals.


I reached the beach on the far side of the park by 1pm. The nickname for this spot is Turtle Beach, because there are about 80 turtles that nest here, and a hatchery that protects the eggs and young turtles until they are ready to be released.

I hung out for about an hour, but saw very dark clouds in the horizon. I didn't want to have to hike hours in the rain, so I booked it back through the jungle. It started raining while I was waiting for the bus, so I made it in the nick of time.
It was late afternoon by the time I got back to the guesthouse. I got cleaned up, and headed back out to take advantage of my last night in this awesome city.
Indian was on the menu tonight. I opted for a sit down restaurant instead of the hawkers tonight. The live band and highly rated restaurant sounded like a great way to end my foodie adventure here in Georgetown.

No comments:

Post a Comment