Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Day 37 - Inner Bali Excursions

It's the last day in the treehouse bungalow. I mentioned yesterday that the only thing that would make the view better, would be a rainbow over the valley. So, what do I wake up to today???? A gorgeous rainbow peeking through the mist. I literally shrieked out of excitement. I got what I asked for! Thank you, Jesus!

We checked out and hired the resort driver to give us a tour of some of the highlights in the area.

First stop was the Tegalalang Rice Terraces. The rice had recently been harvested, but it was still so beautiful and vibrant.

Second stop was the a Gunung Kawi Temple complex, with stone tombs carved into the cliff walls in the 11th century. Because these temples are still considered holy sites, we were required to wear sarongs to cover our bare legs. The hundreds of steps down to the site were exhausting in the humidity, but so worth it. What a unique and magical place!

Our third and final stop was at Pura Tirtha Empul. This temple was made famous in the book Eat, Pray, Love. The locals believe that the waters here are purifying, healing, and holy, and they come to "cleanse".

At the end of our tour, we were dropped at the next hotel by the driver, which ended up being so convenient.

We'll spend one night at a super cool surfers paradise...

I am obsessed with tide pools, and they did not disappoint here! As the tide was out this evening, I walked out and snapped some quick pics on the exposed coral reef. Fearing that I was damaging it by stepping on it, I didn't stay out for as long as I would have liked to, but I got some great photos.

 

Another fantastic day in Bali. :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment