Monday, August 18, 2014

Day 56 - Twin Towers Observation Deck...Finally!

I drug myself out of bed early this morning, because I was bound and determined to make it to the top of the tower today. It's closed tomorrow, my final day in Malaysia, and this was a MUST DO on my list.

Even though I got there 2 and half hours before they started selling tickets, there was still a pretty big line ahead of me. I stood in said line until they opened, and just barely got a ticket. (YES!) I had a 2pm spot, so I just killed some time until then.

The wait, and the multiple attempts to get a ticket were so worth it! The top was crazy high. I think the picture below puts it into perspective best. Those are all skyscrapers down below. KL Towers are not sitting on a hill or anything like that. All building. Completely insane.

That's a lot of floors... Had to pop my ears several times while going up and back down!

I also stopped at the skybridge, which is about halfway up the tower, at about the same height as the surrounding skyscrapers.

I'm so glad I was able to get up there!

On my way out of the building, I decided to catch a movie in the theater at the base of the towers. (22 Jump Street - super funny). I grabbed a bite to eat on food street, and made it back to my hotel by 10:30.

I'm feeling a little melancholy, with tomorrow being my last day on this epic journey. I have one last stop to make tomorrow, before my trip reaches it's end...

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment